Terry and I covered a lot of ground looking for elk this year. Seems like almost every time Terry hunted the weather was cold and snowy.
Some pictures of Dave and I packing in the hunting camp..
Sunrise on the mountain..
Terry all "padded up" with warm clothes..
Terry has been paying her dues for a few years but still hasn't gotten an elk. Hopefully next year!
I managed to get one. Dave and I went in to the camp on Friday, had some coffee then went out for an afternoon hunt. We split up at about 2:00. I had seen elk in this park before and had located a nice tree that I could climb up and sit comfortably in to watch and wait. He hiked up and I went to the tree. No sooner had I gotten settled in the tree when 3 bulls walked out into the park about 285 yards away. One shot and elk season was over for me. 5 minutes later I heard a shot and it turns out Dave had killed a bull too. He shot his at about 500 yards away and also got him with one shot.

