Last weekend I went back down to work on the cabin some more. The weather was beautiful. I carried in 51 boards that are for the roof decking. I made several trips to the truck (0.6 miles away) and carried 7 boards at a time. I put up 28 of them to cover one side of the roof over the floor area. I plan to finish the other half next time. The boards are 1x6 tongue and groove, 8 feet long. Winter is just around the corner in the mountains so I probably won't get too much more done after decking the roof. It will be covered with a tarp over the winter.
I took a little time to do some detecting around the cabin. When I first started uncovering this, I thought it might be a gold pan or possibly another shovel...
Elk season started a couple of weeks ago. As I hiked to the truck Friday morning I could hear an elk bugling nearby. I go my bow out of the truck, returned and called the bull in to within about 85 yards. He smelled me and took off before I could get a glimpse of him.
