Rifle season started last week. I have already gotten an elk so I can't shoot another but I still have tags for deer, mountain lion and wolf. Not likely I will see a wolf or a lion. Terry has a deer tag and an elk tag so today I took off work and rode up the mountain early to try to locate some elk for tomorrow. Sure enough I found a group of about 8 bulls feeding on a hillside just after daylight. They eventually moved on up the hill out of site. There is a decent chance they will stay in the area if someone didn't bump into them this evening. We plan to be there at daylight.
Here is a long distance photo of them. (They were about 1 mile away).
Here is a little horse "barn"
I built with sawmill lumber. Dad and I put the metal roof on:
Fall colors were nice but are almost gone now:
Here is Terry taking a break from hunting last Saturday. The wind was a little cold on the mountain top!